Today I had a button-making marathon.
I bought some awesome designs from this Etsy seller, Piddix, who creates collage sheets of royalty-free images. She sells them at a reasonable price, and you can use them in any craft project.
So here’s what I made with them:
I adjusted the colors of the original red-and-blue dinosaur sheet to create the neon set at the bottom. I plan on creating some other series as well. And magnets!
I was able to make a couple hundred of these small 1″ buttons before running out of supplies.
So then I moved on to making 2.25″ buttons.
I bought that machine for only $5 at a garage sale, and Ryan got me the parts to make 275 buttons as part of my Christmas present. It’s a more primitive setup than my 1″ button maker, but for the past few months its been working A-OK… until tonight.
After about 15 buttons, the stupid plastic clamp cracked when I tried to press down on a button, thus ending Button Day.
I did email the company to see if they would honor the lifetime warranty even though I’m not the original owner. Hopefully they’ll get back to me on Monday.
Still, a pretty productive day!